Subject: FW: Meeting request | Western Digital
From: "Kadri Laube"
To: "MKM info"
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 11:53:04 +0300

From: Justine Renard <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2024 6:40 PM
To: Tiit Riisalo <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kadri Laube <[email-masked]>; Rauno Veri <[email-masked]>; Joosep 
Tiks <[email-masked]>; Noam El Mrabet 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Meeting request | Western Digital

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Riisalo,

I am reaching out on behalf of Western Digital, one of three global 
manufacturers of HDDs, to request an online meeting.

Western Digital designs and manufactures a wide range of data storage 
products, including hard-disk drives (HDDs), flash-based products, and 
storage systems. These products are integral for data centres, personal 
electronics, and cloud infrastructure, among other uses. Many of our use 
applications play an essential role in storing sensitive data for 
governments, healthcare facilities, educational programs, and financial 
institutions. HDDs for example are likely fundamental to Estonia’s Digital 
Agenda 2030.

As you may be aware, the EU is proposing a universal ban on PFAS. Although 
there are only minimal amounts of PFAS used in HDDs, there are no viable 
alternatives to certain critical uses. If a universal ban were to be 
adopted, the storage capacity and lifetime of HDDs would significantly drop, 
potentially impacting Estonia’s digital infrastructure and ultimately its 
digital economy.

Cynthia Tregillis, Chief Legal Officer of Western Digital, would appreciate 
the opportunity to introduce Western Digital and to discuss the potential 
implications of the pending PFAS ban on Estonia’s digital objectives. Could 
you please let us know your availability for an online meeting in June, 
preferably in the late afternoon, to accommodate the 10-hour time difference 
between Tallinn and California (GMT-7)?

Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Justine Renard

Justine Renard

Associate

 <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

 |

 <https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=justine.renard%40dentonsglobaladvisors.com> 
Chat with Teams

 <https://www.dentonsglobaladvisors.com/> Website

Rue du Luxembourg 22‑24

 |

Brussels

 |

1000

 |

Belgium

Dentons Global Advisors is proud to be a member of the 
<https://www.worldbenchmarkingalliance.org/> World Benchmarking Alliance and 
support its mission of a sustainable future.

 <https://www.dentonsglobaladvisors.com/privacy-policy/> View our Privacy 
Policy here!

 | EU Transparency Register ID Number: 7028457765‑59